Well, it took exactly one week of preschool to get K sick. I knew it would happen, but geez! My poor little sheltered guy who's never gone to daycare has been sick since Saturday with a seal bark style cough. He desperately wants to go back to school and of course I can't send him, so we have constant crying during preschool hours around here. Ah well, I'd better get used to it, eh? Good news is that J isn't sick...
In other news, my school started this week. Oh. Joy. I get to leave the comfort of my easy chair 3 nights a week and cram myself in a hard plastic desk and sit there and "learn" with the other minions. I'm almost done with my AA so I'm taking all the crap (to me) classes this semester that I've been putting off. Being the artsy fartsy right-brained person that I am, crap classes to me are Mondays: Public Speaking
Yes, it's true I'd rather be dead than give presentations. LOL. And I have not one but TWO astronomy classes. While I find astronomy vaguely interesting, science is not my forte and I generally end up doing this in class:
Ok well maybe I don't but gah!!! I have one astronomy from 3 PM to 6 PM and then I follow it up with another from 6:30 to 9:30. WHAT was I THINKING?!?!
The highlight of the semester is the Digital photo class I'm taking Thursdays and the "Creating a Virtual Office Space" class I'm doing online. At least those might be interesting? We'll see. On a side note, I decided to go back to school originally to take an illustrator class. And I'm just now getting to my illustrator class next semester. This is my 4th semester of school and I had to take this many semesters just to get to the class I originally wanted to take. Joy! LOL. Ok back to work for me...soccer practice tonight if K feels better....
Haha what, he doesn't look sick to you? My crazy kid! Oh yeah and BTW, I'm trying the photo a day thing and this is day one!



10 comments:
School is definitely a breeding ground for the sickies!! That is one bad thing about it!
I totally feel you on going back to school yourself! But I only have one online class this semester (History of Photography). I am trying to squeeze out one more year of classes online, so then next year I only have to worry about my youngest being in daycare (my middle son will be in Kinder then! lol)
I hope K gets to feeling better! Good luck with all your classes!!
That is the cutest photo with the goggles!!
I took speech in college and had to speak once a week. The first few times was hard, but after that, it got easier! You'll do fine babe!
Love the pic with the goggles! I know I love to wear mine when I'm sick! LOL
Good luck at school!
~J
That is a lot of astronomy for one day. But at least you get it all out of the way at once.
Love the goggles!
Adorable photo!
Sounds like you have your hands full with classes! Good luck with it all -- I personally would be dreading the public speaking stuff so bad! (I pretty much quit school because of it) :(
I think you'll do great!
Good lord woman! You sure took on a lot! Hopefully this semester will go by quickly for you.
Hope K starts to feel better soon! It took L.J. 3 days of preschool to end up with a fever. ugh...our poor children.
LOL - love the pic of the little one with the goggles on. The barking cough sounds like it could be croup or whooping cough. I thought it was just babies that got croup, but the Dr says it's actually quite common up to the age of 7. Good luck with all your classes - I can't imagine sitting through MORE school these days. Good on you.
Aww, sorry the little guy isn't feeling well. That's the roughest part of getting into the school scene.
And I hear ya on the public speaking... Yuck! Totally not for me either! LOL!
Awwww poor K! Welcome to public education. As in being out around the public. HAHAHAHA. And yeah, have fun with that school schedule. Have I mentioned how much I hate school? HAHAHHAHAHAHA
Love the goggles picture! I want to take classes sometimes, but it was really weird for me when I took my photography class. I just didn't seem to have the time to devote my full attention.
Vanessa
Post a Comment